You are not logged in.

× Welcome to Cellar Dweller a place for brewers of all kinds to share recipes, ideas and build a database of information that we can all benefit from.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves here and try to play nice in the sandbox!

Please sign up to the site and help us build this community! If you would like to have any of your videos on the site or information please feel free to contact one of the administrators.

If there is any information in the forum that is missing or incorrect please contact the administrators. We are not gonna police you lot - please use common sense.

Also if you would like a section added let us know, we have endeavoured to cover all bases but you never know it is after all your community to build.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for the future and we hope YOU can be a part of it!

Cheers!

Hi everyone

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #3579 by Richard
Hi everyone was created by Richard
Good day guys. Got a coopers starter kit for my birthday in July and loving it. Im on my third extract brew right now and planning my fourth. First brew was the lager that came with it and wasn't great but drinkable. Watched many youtube videos and found cellerdweller the best by far, Gash makes me thirsty just watching. The Web page is also a great guide and very helpful. What would be good would be a hyper link from your recipe pages to the video of you making it. Planning your ipa next, hopefully next weekend when the fermenter is empty again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #3580 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Hi everyone
Gday mate, thanks for joining, you're right about the hyperlink thing, I always link from video to here but not always from here to youtube, which I should, I used to and to tell you the truth I hadnt thought about in a while! THanks for watching the vids too, Cheers mate!

More
5 years 6 months ago #3584 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Hi everyone
Hello Richard and welcome to the site. Look forward to reading you posts. And yes Gash has a wealth of brew knowlage and is always keen to share. cheers.

More
5 years 6 months ago #3586 by Cherry1
Replied by Cherry1 on topic Hi everyone
Welcome Richard,
Extract are a great way to start and you will end up with some great beer. Unfortunately you will then try steeping grains, adding extra hops and then go the whole hog and go all grain. Its a slippery slope. Like any hobby it gets out of control.
I have only been back brewing for just over 12 months, the only advice I would give anyone, is make your next investment a fermentation fridge. 2nd hand fridge, STC 1000 temp controller and a heat source (<$100 all up).
It will make up for an untold amount of brewing mistakes.
Cheers
Chris

• Richard
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #3587 by Richard
Replied by Richard on topic Hi everyone
I have a fridge in the garage that the wife has given me permission to use so am getting an Inkbird 380 and pad or coller next month. Hoping to give steeping a try when it's up and running. Everyone says it's a big difference so can't wait. Cheers guys

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top