You are not logged in.

Coopers Chocolate and Vanilla Stout (EXTRACT)

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #5219 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Coopers Chocolate and Vanilla Stout (EXTRACT)
Thanks mate. So my thoughts are firstly your already ahead of your game getting a fermentation fridge set up, well done. As far as kits go they are basically the same to brew but the shout probably hide a multiple of sins more so than the pales and lagers etc. The yeast in the larger is an ale yeast by the way. The person who has steered you away from this brew for your first is probably right. Get a few kit beers on the go first. Don't use table sugar, Dextrose is ok but better still is Dry malt or liquid malt extract is better.
As far as carbonation drops go for a 750 ml bottle best to stick with 2.
Hope this helps, oh and make sure you start a log book to keep track of your progress. Good luck and enjoy your self. Cheers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #5220 by Gash
Firstly the chocolate malt, it can actually taste like cacao, it doesnt taste like dairy milk chocolate, especially if you chew on the grain. You can get chocolate flavours by adding the vanilla for a sweetness. if you've ever chewed on a cacao nib or something it doesnt taste like dairy milk chocolate either.

I'm going to disagree with finnroo here on the single carb drop, thats fine if you want half carb, I do that for my really big stouts, its also a bit of insurance if you want to store some in glass bottles for years as the beer can keep fermenting slightly and end up overcarbed or worse bottle bombs, but the over carb thing happens a lot. For my regular dark beers I'll use 2.

Thirdly! This is an easy recipe, yep might have a few new steps, but they are easy!.

oh dont use cheap shit extract, not the 2 dollar bottles in woolies, if you arent making your own by some good stuff. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Finnroo

More
3 years 3 weeks ago #5225 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Coopers Chocolate and Vanilla Stout (EXTRACT)
Excellent I didn't know that one carb drop would do the job. There you go, now I know. Cheers.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top