You are not logged in.

coopers family secret amber ale yeast selection

More
5 years 10 months ago #3225 by Bonza
Hi all,
Going to put down amber ale on Saturday , using 1kg ldm. .Would like to add fuggles in a steep or dry hop, maybe goldings as well. Would us05 yeast work for this? I'm guessing S04 would be better , but i have 05 and will be fermenting a coopers ipa in the same fridge. Would prefer to use the english style hops in this one . Any suggestions would be appreciated. Can get to hbs today if necessary.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #3226 by Finnroo
Yes us05 would be very good in an amber ale. Im brewing at the moment and using fuggles hops they re great. I would go with it. cheers happy brewing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bonza

More
5 years 10 months ago #3228 by Gash
Yep what Finnroo said, us05 be fine. Could do a mix of goldings and fuggles if you wanted. Short steep would be ok as would a dry hop! Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bonza

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top