You are not logged in.

Brewzilla 65 or 35

• Williamson
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #4040 by Williamson
Brewzilla 65 or 35 was created by Williamson
Hi,

Hoping to get a little advice - looking at getting into all grain, currently making FWK's and enjoying the results!

Do I get the 35L Robobrew or go straight for the 65L? Only planning on doing single 23l bathes until I get a little more experience, but was thinking the 65L would give me more flexibility in the long run?

Would the 65L cause me issues with the amount of strike water, dead space and the lower grain bill or am I over complicating it?

I already have a 15AMP connection in the house so that is not an issue for me.

Cheers,
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #4042 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Brewzilla 65 or 35
G'day I've been experimenting with single batches in the 65L, they work, but at the moment I've only done 3 batches with a full volume mash, Eff% has been down a bit but that has to be expected, due to dead space and the water/grain ratio. I haven't tried doing a single batch in it with a sparge yet, it wont be a very big sparge but it could make a difference. They have all just been roughly 4.8-5% beers.
So you'll get good beer out of a single batch in 65L, you might struggle with the chiller, I haven't tried the chiller I've been doing no chill. The immersion chiller included would only have the bottom bit in the wort in a small batch.
Hard for me to say what is best to get.
For a 5% beer the 35L is perfect, if you want to brew mostly 7-8% a 35L vessel might be a struggle, though far from impossible.
What size batches do you do? 19L batch would be very small for the 65L, I havent tried that small.
Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top