You are not logged in.

Programming the STC

• MTbottle
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #3424 by MTbottle
Programming the STC was created by MTbottle
I'm down to the finals on setting up my homebuilt Electro-Brewery. I've been watching your video on programming the STC (yours was for a fridge, mine is for hot brewpots). when I turn on the power to the control center, I get that annoying beep whether the sensor is plugged in or not. It will only stop if I turn off the power at the STC; also, I get no flashing light to tell me to wait until it's ready to program. Other than that, no matter how long I hold down the 'S' button, I get no 'F-1' or any other from the readout, only the 'EE'.
I've checked the power to the STC with my multimeter, and it reads 120V. (I bought STC's that will use 120/240, as I need a 120V output for the coil on the mechanical relays) - Solid state was out of my budget.
I've also confirmed that there is 240V to the hot side of the relay, which, after the coil would activate the magnet, would send 240V to the heating elements. Trouble is, I get no output from the STC because I haven't been able to program it.
I don't know if I got a bum STC or not, so I'll wait for a comment from you before I make a decision to buy another or not. They take a month to a month and a half to get here by turtle-sled - (even dogsled would be faster!) - from China, and we're going to be out of state for a few weeks, so I would have to see if I can buy one at an electronics store for double the price of ordering from China.
TIA for any advice/comments.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by MTbottle.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #3429 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Programming the STC
That sounds like a faulty or not wired/connected properly sensor, thats the only time I get that sound or the EE warning. Cheers MT

More
3 years 8 months ago #4840 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Programming the STC
So I have had to rewire my stc1000 and now it reads 88.8 flashing on and off. Ive probably miss wired something somewhere. Any thoughts? cheers

More
3 years 8 months ago #4844 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Programming the STC
No worries shes going. Took all the wires out and checked all connections . A couple of suspect ones. These STC1000 units are great but the connection screws are not as strong as they could be. Having said that its fairly solid now but would nt swing on it. Just mounted it in an electrical box i bought for $8.50. Also inside the box i connected a cable tie to the cables so i cant accidentally pull them out. So Im all happy, nice little project. Cheers brew day tomorrow.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top