You are not logged in.

Brew your Beer

• Finnroo
  • Finnroo's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #2893 by Finnroo
Brew your Beer was created by Finnroo
so,,, i think that brewing one style of beer that you want to brew is the only way to learn about brewing beer. Changing from one style to the next is not learning. Pick a style of beer you like and try and perfect it. Malts Hops and yeast and water ph, temps and time.
I used to jump from this and that and get no where. Didnt know what was going on.,
Start with a Smash and build from there.
What does that pale taste like. and what does that hop taste like.
Add some crystal, next time, slowely build your beer instead of blindly copying other recipies.
I think its the only way to go. Build your beer from the bottom up.
We learn as we go. Cheers all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Finnroo
More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2894 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Brew your Beer
:whistle:
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Finnroo.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2897 by Brodiep
Replied by Brodiep on topic Brew your Beer
Hi Finnroo,
You pose an interesting dilemma. You brew a brew, usually after some time working out what you want, inputting data into Beersmaith and working out what abv you want and what you need to buy to make it work. Then, after brewing you need to wait for at least 4 weeks until you can try it.
Unfortunately I usually drink what I have maturing faster than I brew and you don't want to do another brew until you have tried the last so you can get an idea of what changes to the receipt have done.
I try to do several brews quickly and then when you don't have any empty bottles left, slow down the brewing cycle, unfortunately this does still leave a timing issue.
But I do agree with your base philosophy of brewing what you like to drink and not just follow the recipe, the trick is to find a good starting recipe to start with.
Regards Paul

• Finnroo
More
6 years 4 months ago #2902 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Brew your Beer
HaHa yes I know what you mean. Alot of people like my home brew and want to get into it and ask me about how to do it. The best starting point I honestly think is the SMASH.
Single malt and single hop. Say 5 kg of pale malt and 50 grams of Cascade hops divided up. It teaches you how the malt tastes and we learn about bittering and flavour etc from the single hop. Very basic and good. And build from there. Then we might want to introduce some crystal and its like ah thats what the crystal does or maybe change the hops and discovering how different it is . Cheers

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top