You are not logged in.

Green Bullet Hops ?

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1061 by Dullahan Brewing
Green Bullet Hops ? was created by Dullahan Brewing
What are these hops like and how would you use them ? I mean are they a bittering hop or a dual hop ? thinking of trying some in a couple of kits, might be doing a TC IPA kit soon, was going to boil and dry hop with some of these ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1062 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Green Bullet Hops ?
Considered a bittering variety typically for Lager, Green Bullet also carries a solid Styrian characteristic of subtle spiciness which finds it at home in a freshly drawn pint of Bitter or an Irish-style Dry Stout.

Used extensively as a utility brewhouse workhorse and found in several brewing locations internationally. A multi award winner and New Zealand pedigree that is well suited to premium lagers in the mainstream, and works well when included with finishing varieties such as Fuggle and Willamette.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1063 by Gash
Green Bullet Hops is known as having a unique zing which characterizes New Zealand's mark on the brewing world. It is a dual purpose hops that brings both a fresh clean bitterness along with an abundance of aroma. The alpha acid rating is high at 11%-15% which is high, making this hops applicable for strong bitterness additions at the beginning of the boil or throughout the process. The taste and aroma has accents of raisins and fruits, and is smooth and refreshing. It has very high myrcene oil content which contributes to the fruit aroma.

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1064 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic Green Bullet Hops ?
So is it suitable at all so for an IPA you reckon Gash? Think i will give it a lash anyway lol. Could you suggest a hop schedule for the coopers IPA kit brew ? :silly:

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1065 by Gash
I probably wouldnt mess with the kit much mate, just a good dry hop of 30-50g would probably be enough to freshen it up a bit.

• ozale
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 6 months ago #1066 by ozale
Replied by ozale on topic Green Bullet Hops ?
My Coopers info says that the TC IPA kit has Styrian Golding as an aroma hop so as Gash recomends I would dry hop with it and it should match the IPA well

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top