You are not logged in.

Bottle Hopping

• m3taL_Brewer
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #722 by m3taL_Brewer
Bottle Hopping was created by m3taL_Brewer
Just thought id share somthing i done last week....

I had a Big Beer that i didnt have time to dry hop as it took 10 days to get through fermentation and i needed the fermenter for my next brew. As it was a big beer with a pretty low IBU it really needed a dry hop to mask the alcohol taste.

So when bottling, As i added the priming sugar i added 2 hop pellets (around .5 of a gram) to each bottle, then filled and capped as normal.

Over the next week i kept an eye on the contents of the bottles and i could see a lot of hop matter floating around like crazy and as they became fully carbed, the leaves began to drop out of suspension.

I then chilled beers for 48h before popping one and the result was Quite awesome, a nice floral dry hop note and flavor.

1 down fall was that you had to pour carefully and leave a little more than usual in the bottle or you end up with a lot of hop matter in your pint glass, however the result was great. I'll defiantly do it again in the same circumstance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pebbbles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #723 by Pebbbles
Replied by Pebbbles on topic Bottle Hopping
maybe pour using a tea strainer for the last couple of inches Jamie - just a thought - one cant waste that beer - Its too good :woohoo:

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #724 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic Bottle Hopping
What about using a hop oil jamo? With a baby medicine dropper, two drops in each bottle sorta thing?

• m3taL_Brewer
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #745 by m3taL_Brewer
Replied by m3taL_Brewer on topic Bottle Hopping
i just use what iv got on hand mate, just experiment and play with shit.. its just my nature!!

• Pebbbles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #746 by Pebbbles
Replied by Pebbbles on topic Bottle Hopping
hoppity hop hops :)

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top