You are not logged in.

Carbonation.

• Finnroo
  • Finnroo's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 5 months ago #2727 by Finnroo
Carbonation. was created by Finnroo
Ive carbonated with white sugar, Raw sugar, carbonation drops per bottle and corn sugar or DMS in the bottle bucket.
What do you prefer and why. I prefer to the discust of other brewers to use Raw sugar. I find the head retention and laceing as well as mouth feel to be most excellent. Cheap and easy at around 2.3 carbonation disolved in about 300mls of distilled water and added to the bottling bucket. Covers all bases for me . Whats your opinion?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #2728 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Carbonation.
I've never been able to tell the difference, I've read many many theories and people saying the head is finer with using dry malt etc but I've never found any difference the only difference you get with malt is that your adding yet more unfermentables but its only a very tiny amount.

I don't bottle much anymore but if I do for a big stout or something I mostly just use whats here and that's usually dextrose or white table sugar and I'll bulk carb it.

When just bottling 3 or 4 from each batch with what's left over from kegging I just use coopers carb drops, just so easy and reliable, and fuck me dead I've read a lot of bullshit online about them! People say they contain all sorts of things and they don't carb properly or are inconsistent and its just rubbish, 20 years ago they were inconsistent due to air bubbles and things in them but haven't been like that for a very long time, and if you pick up a rare broken one don't use it or keep it for an odd sized bottle, like the 500ml ones. Also people online seem to think when talking carb drops they think of these ones in America that I havent seen here, like a white tablet, at guess its probably just pressed dextrose, but they say it leaves white powder in the beer and other stuff. Even that I find it hard to believe that any brewing company is going to sell something that doesn't work or leaves crap in your beer!

Can you tell its Friday and I'm hanging for a beer tonight hahaha Sounds like I'm grumpy hahaha I just read an incredible amount of bullshit online sometimes. :dry: hahaha Bring on 8pm tonight and beer!!!
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Gash.

• Finnroo
More
6 years 5 months ago #2729 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Carbonation.
Haha all good , thanks for the comment. I hav nt had any bad results with carbo drops or anything else , just very good results from raw sugar.
Its a much debated issue and I guess we go with what works best for us. Nice one Gash cheers.

More
6 years 5 months ago #2730 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Carbonation.
Exactly mate! What ever works! :woohoo:
hmm I'll test the picture upload..
Attachments:

• Finnroo
More
6 years 5 months ago #2733 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Carbonation.
Love your work Gash, hehe

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top