You are not logged in.

Silicone Washers

• MTbottle
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #2139 by MTbottle
Silicone Washers was created by MTbottle
Appreciated your video on making your own silicone washers. I cheated and went on Ebay (or Amazon) and bought a punch set for punching out the different sizes of washer ;>). I haven't been able to find those cake pans here, but I've found other silicone cookware that does the same thing as you suggested, so thanks for the ideas. I'm converting all my brew-pots to electric now, and will be getting them welded instead of using bulkhead adapters, so many of the washers won't be needed now, but I still have the punch set for when I do need to make some washers. I found a restaurant equipment manufacturer that's about 110 miles (? km) that will weld my pots for about $75 each, so as soon as I can scare up- the do-ray-me, I'll be in business! I'm planning a 3 pot system, Mash tun, sparge/recirc pot, boil pot.

I will say one thing about making your own silicone washers, anyone planning on using the Sil-Pat type silicone mats to make their washers, had better plan on using those washers on the outside of the pots for their bulkhead adapters, because the Sil-Pat cooking mats are reinforced with small strands of fiberglass - NOT what I want in my beer! Just my 2 centavos ......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #2140 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Silicone Washers
G'day mate! Wow thats interesting never seen fibreglass in the ones here! Thanks for the heads up and good luck with the welds! Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top