You are not logged in.

Carbonation

• Brettm
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #2103 by Brettm
Carbonation was created by Brettm
Hi Guys, I'm pretty new to this site and love all the You Tube videos. I have a Keg King kegerator and have brewed up 3 kegs so far, one was really bad and the other two very nice. My main question is should i carbonate with sugar or gas. I work Fly in Fly Out so i can be away working for long periods at a time. I have 8 kegs total so what is my best option if i dont mind leaving them for 2 to 6 months ?

Brett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Brettm
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #2118 by Brettm
Replied by Brettm on topic Carbonation
Hi All,

Can someone please reply to my first post. Just want to know the best way to store beer in a keg for 6 months to one year. Should i add sugar and pressure with 30psi or just pressure with 30psi without the sugar ?

More
7 years 9 months ago #2128 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Carbonation
G'day Brett, sorry for the delay. If you can keep these beers refrigerated there is no issue setting them all up at serving pressure like 10-12psi and just leaving them at that. Once carbed, which would be around 2 weeks, the gas could be disconnected and the kegs should be ok for months. If they aren't refrigerated you are better off carbonating with sugar in the keg as it helps to keep them from going off, you would use half the amount of sugar as if you bottled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brettm

• Brettm
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #2129 by Brettm
Replied by Brettm on topic Carbonation
Thanks mate, So with the sugar way of doing it do i just add some CO2 just to purge it or do i leave 15 or 30 psi of pressure in the keg ?

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top