You are not logged in.

Slow/not starting WLP023?

• BurtMilton
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #2328 by BurtMilton
Slow/not starting WLP023? was created by BurtMilton
Hi all. Has anyone had much experience with this yeast? Generally I've had no problems with the whitelabs liquid yeast. I brewed an amber on the weekend, cubed it and threw it in the fermenting fridge. Waited about 12 hours and placed the WLP023 from the kitchen fridge, into the fermenting fridge to get to the same temp. Pitched that around 6pm on Sunday. As of 6pm Tuesday there has been nothing. So 48 hours without the yeast kicking off.

Has anyone experienced this before? Personally I haven't, and it's quite dissapointing as I was looking forward to that beer.

Cheers,

Burt

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BurtMilton
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 2 months ago #2329 by BurtMilton
Replied by BurtMilton on topic Slow/not starting WLP023?
UPDATE: I didn't want to wait any longer and decided to attempt to rescue the brew so I had an old Mangrove Jacks M44 in the fridge (expired March 2015). Pitched that at 6pm last night and it's already kicked off.

This leads me to believe there was something drastically wrong with the WLP023.

Any thoughts?

More
7 years 2 months ago #2330 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Slow/not starting WLP023?
Can't say I've used it, but yeah that sounds pretty slow, you probably did the right thing. i have had english yeasts burn through wort before and not even notice it had fermented, till I took a reading, true story, but if you were keeping a close eye on it you should of noticed something!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top