You are not logged in.

Scroll Bar (08 Jun 2017)

Scroll bar disappearing?.... Press F11 and then again press F11 - Im working on the fix - thanks for your patience.

Starsan vs Sodium Percarbonate

• davidevans
  • davidevans's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Dweller
  • Fresh Dweller
More
2 months 1 week ago - 2 months 1 week ago #2632 by davidevans
davidevans created the topic: Starsan vs Sodium Percarbonate
I'm a bit confused as to which one of the above to use for what.
Have been using Starsan as a sanitiser with no problems but also hear a lot of references to Sodium Percarbonate. Is it only for cleaning or can I sanitise with it too?
Appreciate your comments.
Cheers
David
Last Edit: 2 months 1 week ago by davidevans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #2633 by Gash
Gash replied the topic: Starsan vs Sodium Percarbonate
Yes SP can sanitise but it takes longer say 10mins and only has a life span once mixed of a few hours, Star San takes 30secs to sanitise and lasts for weeks once mixed. SP is a great cleaner and star san isnt a cleaner. SP can be used to sanitise but things need to sit in it for a while. THey both have their uses at different times and for different things. Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Nov - 14:52

Bottled my Scottish ale and all went very well, washed 2 jars of yeast and that looks good too. Brew day tomorrow just preparing the liquor now. Was a bit worried about doing the yeast thing again but decided to get back on the pony and move forward. :D

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Tue 7 Nov - 07:59

Hi Paul, Ive posted a new post topic about Mauribrew yeast but seems to be Lager, Wheat and Engish style. :D

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Mon 6 Nov - 11:50

Hi Paul, a quick google tells me that its a bakers yeast. I honestly dont know if its suitable for brewing or what strain. Will try and find out, good question though, cheers. :D

Paul's Avatar Paul - Mon 6 Nov - 02:40

Have you ever used Mauri yeast? Is it like an English or American ale yeast?

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 3 Nov - 08:29

Brewing my Scottish ale today. Cheers :D

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Forum Feed

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top