You are not logged in.

grainfather ?

• stewcooney
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1830 by stewcooney
grainfather ? was created by stewcooney
Ok .. So the temptation to try all grain is getting to be . I don't think I'm smart enough or handy enough to build a rig , nor do i have the time so I've come across this system -
. Ive been quoted some where around $900 by my local. Vague quote but good arguing points for me late ..

Any thoughts of this for a introduction system for a complete newb to grain brewing ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 7 months ago #1831 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic grainfather ?
You'd build one for cheaper, but is a lot of work and time. It's not bad a little system and the computer can be updated later if you want to tinker, I'd say if you havent got the time, patience or skill to build one then go for it, it's much cheaper then others. Its good for space saving too. You can always throw together an all grain system for half the price, but this really isnt a bad buy for a beginner and keeps temps with a few button presses, and if you want to sell it later and get something else I'm sure you wont find it hard to get a buyer. Cheers mate

by the way thats about the right price, not sure you'll get one for less then that!

• stewcooney
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 7 months ago #1832 by stewcooney
Replied by stewcooney on topic grainfather ?
thanks gash .. for now i think ill play more with some part grain brews before laying out a heap of cash .its always a challenge to resist the temptation for new toys .

• stewcooney
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #1849 by stewcooney
Replied by stewcooney on topic grainfather ?
damn ! i just ordered a grainfather like yesterday after weeks of consideration and today i discovered a much simpler and cheaper system on the keg king site .. i still feel the grainfather is a much better system but the $500 difference in price could have bought a lot of goodies .. anyway ... buy it once so i still feel i bought right .. also have the mangrove jacks apa for my first learing batch just to keep it easy ( i hope ) . I'm thinking beer smith will be next to help me get away from expensive kits .. cheers ..

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 6 months ago #1850 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic grainfather ?
Yeah I just saw that video yesterday myself, bugger. Think the only real difference is the pipe on the side and pump. That sort of shit always happens to me.... Doesn't matter mate, you'll still get good beer in the end!

More
8 years 2 months ago #1971 by find_another_slave
Replied by find_another_slave on topic grainfather ?
So...birthday was day before yesterday. Happy Birthday to me!

Downside of course is I have nothing to put in it...oh well, can't have everything... :P
Attachments:

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #1974 by sittingaround
Replied by sittingaround on topic grainfather ?
Happy Birthday mate!

Yeah i spotted the RoboBrew from kegking last night... for $450 its looking like a pretty good buy.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by sittingaround. Reason: adding

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top