You are not logged in.

Scroll Bar (08 Jun 2017)

Scroll bar disappearing?.... Press F11 and then again press F11 - Im working on the fix - thanks for your patience.

Bacon Stout Chocolate Cheesecake

• Gash
  • Gash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1245 by Gash
Gash created the topic: Bacon Stout Chocolate Cheesecake
For the Crust:
4 standard sized graham crackers
1 cup pretzel rods
2 Tbsp granulated sugar
6 Tbsp butter, melted

For the filling:
7 oz dark chocolate (60%)
1 cup stout (a chocolate stout or coffee stout is lovely)
3 (8 oz) packages of cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 eggs
2 tbs flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 tbs espresso powder
3/4 cup beer-candied bacon, finely chopped

For the topping:
2/3 cup hot fudge sauce
1/2 cup beer-candied bacon, finely chopped
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbsp granulated sugar

Place one oven rack in the middle position, with one rack below. Preheat oven to 350.
In a food processor add the graham crackers, sugar and the pretzels and process until it’s the consistency of crumbs. Turn the food processor on, and slowly stream in the butter and process until it resembles wet sand.
Spray the inside of a 9-inch spring form pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the processed crumbs into the spring form pan. Using the bottom of a heavy, flat bottom glass, press the crust very well into the bottom of the pan until well compacted.
In a pot over medium high heat, add the beer and the chocolate, stir until melted and remove from heat. Allow to cool.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, add the cream cheese and the sugar and mix until smooth. One at a time, add the eggs, scraping the bottom of the bowl between additions. Pour the cooled chocolate into the mixer and beat until well combined. Lift the head of the mixer and add flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, and bacon over the batter, stir on low speed until just combined.
Pour the batter into the pan over the crust.
Place the pan in the oven in the middle position. Place a baking dish on the rack below the cheesecake, fill with water.
Bake the cheesecake until the center no longer jiggles when you shake the rack, about 45-50 minutes. This isn’t a situation where a tooth pick inserted in the middle should come out clean, you just need the center to set and it will continue to set as it cools. Remove from oven.
For the topping, warm your hot fudge sauce so that it is pourable. Pour onto the center of the cheescake carefully, and allow to sit and solidify for 15 minutes. Top the chocolate with the chopped bacon. In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add the sugar, and continue whipping on high until stiff peaks form. Place in piping bag fitted with a decorative tip (I used Wilton 2D) and pipe border of whipped cream around the edge.
Source: inspired by Dogfish Head Brewings and Eats, base cheesecake recipe from The Beeroness

Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Gash.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drunken Ramblings

Gash's Avatar Gash - Thu 17 Aug - 18:26

Cheers Klemm!

Klemmstein's Avatar Klemmstein - Tue 15 Aug - 15:01

G'day guys, hope that all is going well. 17

toemouse's Avatar toemouse - Mon 14 Aug - 16:01

I know the cause of the scrollbar issue. Let me know if you wanna know how to fix it.

Gash's Avatar Gash - Sun 13 Aug - 11:48

Cheers mate!

ewok671's Avatar ewok671 - Sat 12 Aug - 16:04

Gash, I've been watching your videos and I'm loving them. Right now I'm writing from Guam and since North Korea wants to mess with us, I thought I'd sit back and drink some cold homebrew.

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Forum Feed

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top