You are not logged in.

Scroll Bar (08 Jun 2017)

Scroll bar disappearing?.... Press F11 and then again press F11 - Im working on the fix - thanks for your patience.

NEW BEERSMITH ROBOBREW PROFILE AUGUST 2017

More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #2618 by Ccclaw13
Ccclaw13 replied the topic: NEW BEERSMITH ROBOBREW PROFILE AUGUST 2017
Hi I'm new to the Robobrew and tried to make my own robobrew profile but after sparging using the amount listed in BeerSmith found I had completely filled the kettle. So I just tested your profile but the same thing seems to be happening. It tells me to add 4.8 gallons for the mash and then sparge with 3.93 gallons. From previous experience this will get me way above the 7.3 gallons I'm looking for at pre-boil. Is there any way to adjust the sparge amount down so it's more accurate for me or am I messing something up somewhere?
Thank you for the help!
-Chris
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Ccclaw13.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Gash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 1 week ago #2636 by Gash
Gash replied the topic: NEW BEERSMITH ROBOBREW PROFILE AUGUST 2017
sorry mate. didnt see this question!

• Gash
  • Gash's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 months 1 week ago #2637 by Gash
Gash replied the topic: NEW BEERSMITH ROBOBREW PROFILE AUGUST 2017
Chris you must be close to that amount, looking at that you'd probably should only be a quart or so over your amount? The best way I have found, in any system of brewing is to just get to know what amount you'll usually need. So you know each time and can tweak BS to what works for you. So if you end up with 2 quarts over your wanted amount at the end of the brew, use 2 quarts less next time and see how you go. I'd also double check whatever you are using for measuring water, I have found 90% at least of measuring jugs are weigh out, its best to fill one up and weigh it on a reliable scale and just see how accurate it is.

Cheers mate

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Nov - 14:52

Bottled my Scottish ale and all went very well, washed 2 jars of yeast and that looks good too. Brew day tomorrow just preparing the liquor now. Was a bit worried about doing the yeast thing again but decided to get back on the pony and move forward. :D

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Tue 7 Nov - 07:59

Hi Paul, Ive posted a new post topic about Mauribrew yeast but seems to be Lager, Wheat and Engish style. :D

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Mon 6 Nov - 11:50

Hi Paul, a quick google tells me that its a bakers yeast. I honestly dont know if its suitable for brewing or what strain. Will try and find out, good question though, cheers. :D

Paul's Avatar Paul - Mon 6 Nov - 02:40

Have you ever used Mauri yeast? Is it like an English or American ale yeast?

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 3 Nov - 08:29

Brewing my Scottish ale today. Cheers :D

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

Forum Feed

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top