ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago #2321 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file
Maybe leave it and give it a go and see what happens, then you can change it if you think its needed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: peter01010101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 2 months ago #2324 by peter01010101
Replied by peter01010101 on topic ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file
Was spot on 20L into fermenter - a few points up on gravities. The BHE was closer to 81%.
This model Robobrew has a false bottom/screen that stays there during the boil. Most of the protein junk falls through the screen to where the tap/pump outlets are. I did use grain bags as hop socks so I contained most of the hop gunk. The false botton makes whirlpooling hard because it's in the way, so I had to leave a couple of litres in the kettle anyway.
I suppose what I'm saying in a very long winded way is that I will leave your profile as is. :whistle:
Thanks mate. Cheers.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 2 months ago #2325 by Gash
Ahh cool thats great to know! Thanks mate!

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2388 by Kramer
Replied by Kramer on topic ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file
Hi there Gash. I've recently gone quarters in a Grainfather (not a Robobrew) but have been having conflicting water volumes in Beersmith. Watched your vid on deadspace and grain absorption and thought (being a visual learner) that it was explained very well so came here to learn more :-)
I see you have updated the equipment profile and made it available for download. Wondering how different it is from the Grainfather. I might just download and see if it works as the Grainfather profile seems to be way off according to the GF Facebook page.
I'm still new at this but will play around with it and report back, hopefully your brain is available to pick.
Cheers

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #2389 by Gash
Gday mate, and yeah that profile should be fairly close and what's left of my alcohol sodden brain is available for picking :) Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kramer

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 days ago - 7 years 6 days ago #2402 by Gash
yes it should be a good starting point, even though the dead space differs, this profile relies on the 23L at the end of boil, so if you have an old one like mine you'll get about 19-20 litres, if your dead space is smaller you'll just get more beer! :)
Last edit: 7 years 6 days ago by Gash.

More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #2408 by Dilligaf666
Replied by Dilligaf666 on topic ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file
Hi all new to AG brewing - just did my first ever on the weekend - a clone of Sierra Nevada pale Ale (hopefully). I used the robobrew with pump. I tried to set up the equipment profile on beersmith2 as well.
For some reason on this particular thread I can not scroll down on the first page - so I cannot get the download file. Is it much different to the screenshots on page 2 of this thread?

EDIT: ah I found a way to scroll down - I used ctrl - (minus) and decrease the size of the page - problem solved....
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Dilligaf666. Reason: additional info

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 10 months ago #2409 by Gash
hmm Sorry mate, I thought that problem had been solved, thanks for letting me know! Cheers!

More
6 years 10 months ago #2410 by Dilligaf666
Replied by Dilligaf666 on topic ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file
No worries -thanks for all the great work here

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #2515 by ajburnet
Replied by ajburnet on topic ROBOBREW - Beersmith profile file
Thanks for this, great stuff! Just preparing for my first brew with the RoboBrew and not sure about the numbers its coming up with for my recipe in BeerSmith2 for a final fermenter volume of 23L.

Using the profile BeerSmith2 shows a mash in volume of 34.54 - does that sound right, guessing it would be really easy to boil over being that full! It also shows a sparge of 34.5l which is surely way too much!?

Also, just a sly one, any idea how I would create a fermentation profile for the fermentasaurus under pressure - guessing it's quicker than a non-pressurised fermenter?

Thanks for all your videos and help - has been really useful to get my head around various things!

Cheers,

Alex.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by ajburnet.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top