You are not logged in.

all grain single bottle brew?

• tasfast
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1666 by tasfast
all grain single bottle brew? was created by tasfast
Has anyone every thought about brewing single bottles before? I know it sounds a little weird, but I was making coffee this morning and it seems like it would work. The mash time would be sped up and the boil would be as well in a small sauce pot. Could ferment and condition in the bottle! what do you guys think about it? how quick do you think fermentation would be? I bet you could brew,ferment, and condition in a day. Could easily make a sixer in one day!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #1669 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic all grain single bottle brew?
Sounds a bit crazy! Mash couldn't be sped up much, maybe 45mins? And the boil really depends on the type of beer, but normally would still need to be a fairly long too just o make sure you drive off all the bad flavours etc. You could ferment in a bottle, and probably reprime and cap for carbonation, but most if not all beers would benefit from not sitting on the trub from the initial ferment. Ferment would still take a few days at least too. Carbonation maybe be a little quicker because there would be a lot more yeast in there.

I don't think you'd ever do it in a day :) it still going to be a week at least , probably two. Also there'd be no way of testing it to see if its done. You could try it, but I think the beer taste would suffer a lot. My 5 Litre batches take just as long as my 23 Litre batches.

Interesting idea though! Keep 'em coming! :)

• tasfast
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 months ago #1670 by tasfast
Replied by tasfast on topic all grain single bottle brew?
your probably right. i was thinking i could use the coffee maker to mash/sparge using an sts connected to the burner like you did with the slow cooker. then transfer to bottles after pitching in the cooled boil pot which would aerate it a bit. then transfer to other bottles with sugar to carb.I thought the ferment and condition would only be about a day each because ive read of people fermenting 1 gallon batches in 3 days and carbing for 2 days. it does sound crazy but i may try it anyway. I'll let you all know how it turns out. thanks for listening to my crazy. Cheers

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 2 months ago #1672 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic all grain single bottle brew?
That's weird that some one does that, the ferment shouldn't really be much faster if you are pitching the correct amount of yeast. The 2 days carbing makes no sense at all, the beer is the same no matter what size its brewed fermented at first. I'm thinking that the persons beer hasn't actually finished fermenting and when bottled it carbs quick because the beer is still fermenting out.

Still worth some experiments!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top