You are not logged in.

Ribena Wine De Gassing ?

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #436 by Dullahan Brewing
Ribena Wine De Gassing ? was created by Dullahan Brewing
I'm the first nah nah nah :woohoo: Ok now that that is out of the way let me start by saying for those of you not familiar with it Ribena is a blackcurrant juice concentrate that you are supposed to dilute with water to make a drink. I recently made a Ribena wine to which i have just added my campden tablet and pot sorbate. My question is how much degassing does a wine require before bottling? This is my first attempt at hooch type wine making and so far it seems to have been a lot more successful than my two beer brews lol. :blink:

Its a simple receipe and is on lots of vids on youtube but i must credit Dave from whatsbrewinguk with guiding me along and answering all my questions. As a side note he appears a sound bloke and would love to see him here ;) Oh btw the Ribena wine turned out 18.5% abv and its a 4 litre batch.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Dullahan Brewing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #437 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic Ribena Wine De Gassing ?
If anybody has any interest i will stick up the receipe or you could visit my old channel ghostandthedeadman on youtube or better yet subscribe to Dave on whatsbrewinguk on youtube and tell him Greg sent ya :woohoo:

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #439 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Ribena Wine De Gassing ?
How much degassing you do changes for each wine, degassing is usually done after sometime in the secondary because the wine is agitated so you don't want to stir up the junk on the bottom. It can be done by stirring with a spoon or by a drill with a paddle attached. You keep doing it till the CO2 bubbles are at a minimum. This has to be done carefully as too not add too much oxygen to the wine. In times gone by wine would just be left to sit for a long time and would eventually degas itself.

Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Gash.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #440 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Ribena Wine De Gassing ?
You should post your youtube video in a thread on here!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top