You are not logged in.

× Welcome to Cellar Dweller a place for brewers of all kinds to share recipes, ideas and build a database of information that we can all benefit from.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves here and try to play nice in the sandbox!

Please sign up to the site and help us build this community! If you would like to have any of your videos on the site or information please feel free to contact one of the administrators.

If there is any information in the forum that is missing or incorrect please contact the administrators. We are not gonna police you lot - please use common sense.

Also if you would like a section added let us know, we have endeavoured to cover all bases but you never know it is after all your community to build.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for the future and we hope YOU can be a part of it!

Cheers!

Brewzilla single bach

• Pieboy69
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #4071 by Pieboy69
Brewzilla single bach was created by Pieboy69
Hi all looking at doing single Bach in 65l has some one made one .? Is dead space a problem Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #4072 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Brewzilla single bach
I've done 3 so far, I haven't uploaded any of the videos just because I'm still trying to nut it out so the numbers are right. I've done them as full volume mashes, no sparge so have lost some efficiency. I think next time I might try one with a sparge, but it will be a very small sparge due to the dead space. The beers have worked out good, just had difficulty with numbers. Cheers!

• Pieboy69
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #4073 by Pieboy69
Replied by Pieboy69 on topic Brewzilla single bach
Thanks Gash so was that 23l with no sparge

More
4 years 9 months ago #4074 by Gash
Well yeah 23L batch, but was starting with around 35-36L of water.

• Pieboy69
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #4075 by Pieboy69
Thanks Gash I give it a go.l hot cube on the weekend 23l do I need to add water to the fermenter .Thanks Joel

More
4 years 9 months ago #4076 by Gash
Only if your cube is smaller than your batch size??

• Pieboy69
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #4104 by Pieboy69
Hi Gash made a single Bach on the brewzilla last weekend with about 35l of water my grain bill was 4.6kg no sparge had a lot of room in tun to move all went well had a great day.Do you think grain bill was a bit small ?and with sparge water do you think maybe 5L?.I cubed a larger on the weekend but don’t want the long process I was thinking of kveik yeast?
Regards Joel

More
4 years 9 months ago #4107 by Gash
you could add more grain for sure! Depends what you want out of it at the end! Yep you could easily reserve 5 to 10L as sparge, if you mash in and its too dry and some of the sparge water. So you might start with 25 litres in there, mash in, see how it looks, add more if needed, just keep track and take notes, use what ever is left to sparge. If the 35L worked last time, keep using it, if it was too much, use less, if too little use more next time. Just keep notes and after a few brews you'll be able to know exactly what you need each brew and where your numbers are at. At least thats the theory lol Cheers!
You could try the kveik for sure.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4143 by KT
Replied by KT on topic Brewzilla single bach
I measured the water leftover below the tap on my Brewzilla and it was just on 2 litres. Doesn't the dead space above the tap up to the bottom of the malt pipe become part of your wort, once the malt pipe is removed? So, on your calculations around 9 litres.

More
4 years 8 months ago #4150 by Gash
Yes, recoverable dead space its called, but the bit under your tap is dead space, unless you tip it up and pour it out, but its usually a bit gunky.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top