You are not logged in.

× Welcome to Cellar Dweller a place for brewers of all kinds to share recipes, ideas and build a database of information that we can all benefit from.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves here and try to play nice in the sandbox!

Please sign up to the site and help us build this community! If you would like to have any of your videos on the site or information please feel free to contact one of the administrators.

If there is any information in the forum that is missing or incorrect please contact the administrators. We are not gonna police you lot - please use common sense.

Also if you would like a section added let us know, we have endeavoured to cover all bases but you never know it is after all your community to build.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for the future and we hope YOU can be a part of it!

Cheers!

G'day brewthers

• brewtherhood
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #3309 by brewtherhood
G'day brewthers was created by brewtherhood
Hey brewthers been watching Gash's vids and checking the site out for a while so tought I'd take the leap and join up.
Been brewing off and on for over 20 years and followed the well trod path of extract to combo it up with steeped grain and hops to all grain brewing and kegs. Since the move to all grain and kegging I'v gotten even more stoked and passionate. Having a Robobrew (V1) and kegarator makes the equation just spot on between brewing, kegging and (what fn bottling !) and of course enjoying. Big kudos to the Coopers mob for their recipes which really opened me up to all the great beers we can knock up in the shed and what goes in them.
I'm not real techo and am thinking maybe if I add the smarts like water chem, IBU's etc., I can get even better. Having said that I,ve not brewed better beer and am stoked with my results, and had good feedback from mates with the missus even having the odd tipple!!
Like the whole reinheitsgebot water hops yeast KISS thing, though don't mind throwing the odd adjunct in to mix it all up.
I'm up in NNSW when I'm not working-shit hot place to enjoy a beer
Cheers and beers, Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #3310 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic G'day brewthers
G'day Martin, Love NNSW, I grew up, I use that term loosely, on the Central Coast and hoping to move back up that way some where one of these days!
When I started with salts I started very simply, I wasn't adjusting mash water or anything but just throwing some in the boil, 1/2 teaspoon Epsom salts, and depending on the beer I might add a teaspoon of Calcium chloride for malty beers or a teaspoon of Calcium Sulphate for hoppy beers. Then later on moved onto adjusting mash etc. It can be a slippery slope and of course depends on the water you're starting with. If your happy with your beer keep it as it is! Once you start messing with the mash you probably should get a decent pH meter etc...

Anyway cheers mate!

• brewtherhood
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #3311 by brewtherhood
Replied by brewtherhood on topic G'day brewthers
Hey Gash
I'm guessing you're in Melbourne where I kinda grew up and got out of there as soon as I got wheels ;-).
I like the KISS method which is why AG is so great, and will move to rainwater when I get around to installing tanks and figure the boil will disinfect.
The science behind AG brewing is exciting and I'm trying to get my head around that for shits and giggles, but yeah less is best for a cruisy brew day
Cheers

More
5 years 10 months ago #3312 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic G'day brewthers
Yep Melbourne.. When you do move to rain water you will have to look at your water profile, well thats if you notice any differences, very possible you will though. Cheers!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top