You are not logged in.

× Welcome to Cellar Dweller a place for brewers of all kinds to share recipes, ideas and build a database of information that we can all benefit from.

Have fun and enjoy yourselves here and try to play nice in the sandbox!

Please sign up to the site and help us build this community! If you would like to have any of your videos on the site or information please feel free to contact one of the administrators.

If there is any information in the forum that is missing or incorrect please contact the administrators. We are not gonna police you lot - please use common sense.

Also if you would like a section added let us know, we have endeavoured to cover all bases but you never know it is after all your community to build.

We have a lot of exciting things planned for the future and we hope YOU can be a part of it!

Cheers!

Better late than never

• the bad shepherd
  • the bad shepherd's Avatar Topic Author
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #5509 by the bad shepherd
Better late than never was created by the bad shepherd
Feel bad for not introducing myself before asking questions on a thread... Thanks for the add and advice on the Coopers NEIPA Gash and Finnroo. Only just started brewing this year. Have done a cider using cold pressed apple juice, an extract Pale Ale dry hopped with Talus, an extract APA with hop tea and also dry hopped with Mosiac, and just bottled my attempt at the Coopers NEIPA last night. Been trying a new technique each brew. Enjoyed the process of doing the mini mash. Will keep you posted on how the latest brew goes. Logan
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by the bad shepherd.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #5511 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Better late than never
Thanks mate, keep us updated, Cheers!

More
2 years 5 months ago #5536 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Better late than never
Nice one. You've just reminded me I need to thaw alot of apples I have in the fridge for cider. Always plenty to do lol. And welcome and keen to hear of your brewing. Cheers

• the bad shepherd
More
2 years 5 months ago #5537 by the bad shepherd
Replied by the bad shepherd on topic Better late than never
NEIPA came out great, even though though I bottled. Conditioned for 10 days and then threw them all in the fridge. Lots of hop aroma and flavour, definitely my best brew so far. Think it would have been epic if I had a keg set up. Thanks for the helps Finnroo and Gash!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ozdevil1

More
2 years 5 months ago #5538 by Gash
Great to hear, thats awesome mate, Cheers!

• the bad shepherd
More
2 years 3 months ago #5560 by the bad shepherd
Just put down my second edition of this, calling it Hazy Vision 2.0. Aiming for a straw colour so subbed out the Coopers for a Black Rock Wheat and used Pilsner Malt. Added a small about of bittering hops at start of boil as the Black Rock can is unhopped. Managed to get hold of some Citra so have used this along with Idaho 7 and Amarillo. Will let you know how this one goes!

More
2 years 3 months ago #5561 by Gash
Sounds like a winner, be keen to know how it goes

• the bad shepherd
More
2 years 3 months ago #5562 by the bad shepherd
Just a quick question about temperature controllers. Picking up a fridge tonight to use for fermentation alongside a heat belt. Just wondering what temperature controller you would recommend? STC-1000 is cheap but not sure I can be bothered with the wiring. Can get the basic InkBird for reasonably cheap. Just interested in what you guys think? I know you have used many different set ups

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #5563 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Better late than never
Hello, I have the stc 1000 and it works very well. Having said that, as you said ,it needs to be wired up which can be fiddily at best and the unit really needs to be installed into some kind of electrical box. For pure convenience I think the inkbird would be the way to go with no mucking around and ready to go. Cheers mate, you won't regret being able to control your fermentation. Cheers mate.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Finnroo.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #5564 by Gash
Stc-1000 are definitely more robust and will last longer if you get a good one. Inkbird is plug and play but usually of lesser quality. As Finnroo said if you got the money and buy inkbird to get you started and if you like, at a later date, you could tinker with STC-1000 pair it with a relay and make a quality unit that will last a long time.

Basically inkbird has tiny little built in relays and they can wear out when switching loads like a fridge or elements, stc-1000 you can wire to use a higher rated relay to switch the loads and not have to worry.

You should get a while out of the inkbird though, maybe years, depends on the fridge and whatever loads you are switching.

Cheers!
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Gash.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top