You are not logged in.

Over carbed

More
3 years 10 months ago #4579 by JayG
Over carbed was created by JayG
Hey still learning and after some help...
I did a brew I have used before cold crash bbuttt it froze I let it thaw out and kegged it still. I did some reading that said it should still be ok. To make it worse I somehow then over carbed it as well. Back to google and YouTube to try save it but nothing seems to be working. The brew tasted ok but it has so many floaties in it hops and what looks like yeast also once the foam eventually subsides.

Is there any saving this batch from the over carb and will all the floaties settle out?

Any advice is always welcome

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #4584 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Over carbed
Hmm that odd, after freezing everything should of been settled to the bottom.. anyway.. How did you carbonate?
The easiest way is to just unhook the gas, and let out 95% of the pressure in the keg. Do that whenever you think of it ,several times a day, good to to give the keg a gentle rock. You can take it out of the fridge it will degas faster warm, but then you cant have one when you want. Cheers

More
3 years 10 months ago #4585 by Gash
floaties I dont know if there is a good way of saving that beyond filtering

More
3 years 10 months ago #4588 by JayG
Replied by JayG on topic Over carbed
I had force carbed as I had done before and first pour was 98% foam. I took the keg out for 2 days and kept purging out during those days. Reconnected to the gas about 12 psi and left it. Tried pouring again yesterday about 70% foam.....
although most of those floaties seem to have settled out.
Although on the other tap I have the neipa from your video which taste great but also has a lot of head in the first few pours.
People keep talking about longer serving lines but I have used these before with no issue.

More
3 years 10 months ago #4589 by Gash
I need more info mate, yep line length, temperature, how you carbed etc Cheers!

More
3 years 10 months ago #4591 by JayG
Replied by JayG on topic Over carbed
It’s a kegland series X kegerator 3 taps the lines are about 2.5 meters long I think and it sits at about 2degrees.
I did force carb the keg had the pressure at 30psi and rocked it for 15 minutes as I did last time. Serving pressure is 12psi (roughly)

More
3 years 10 months ago #4606 by Gash
30psi at 15mins is a lot, I do 30psi rock and roll for 2 and a half mins. Since pressure fermenting I did one the other day in 1 and a half mins. Cheers!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top