You are not logged in.

Ldme. To boil or not to boil.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2998 by Kingo
Ldme. To boil or not to boil. was created by Kingo
Gday brewers. I've been brewing for a few years now and am now getting fair dinkum. Ive just set up a brew fridge and also a kegging and dispensing fridge. I've always used a lot of malt but where i live in central qld I'm limited to dry malts bought online due to cheaper freight than liquid malts. After i do a hop boil with 500g in 5 litres of water ive been inclined to just add the rest of the malt straight into the fermenter. Is this playing with fire? I know the coopers ldme is daid to be sterile but what about the malt from online sellers that bag there own? Should this be boiled before adding? Cheers in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #2999 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Ldme. To boil or not to boil.
I would say you should be fine not boiling, but it really depends on how your seller handles it, saying that though you have to handle dry malt pretty gently and fast otherwise it gets moisture in it and turns into a rock. Having to boil it all for 10mins or whatever would be quite a pain in the arse.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kingo

More
6 years 2 months ago #3001 by Kingo
Replied by Kingo on topic Ldme. To boil or not to boil.
Thanks Gash. A pain in the arse is definately what I'm thinking. Big fan of your youtube channel keep it up.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top