You are not logged in.

co2 tanks...

• Philthy
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #2090 by Philthy
co2 tanks... was created by Philthy
hey guys,

sorry if this has been covered but couldn't find a thread.

very new to brewing and want to start kegging in a couple of weeks (have a chest freezer and will convert to keezer ) just wondering which weight co2 tank is the way to go, how long they last with carbonating and pouring etc ( how much do you get out of your specific tank)

cheers guys!!

also who has the best deals on refils and is it better to purchase/swap/rent ?????

cheers again
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Philthy. Reason: more info

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #2091 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic co2 tanks...
Sorry mate, just got out of hospital!. I use the small 2.6kg Keg King ones, The larger one of 6kg would of been better, but the 2.6kg lasts around 8-10 kegs at least with force carbing. I find the keg king ones a good deal as they are the only real swap and go CO2 tanks I can get around here cheaply, swap and go also means lifetime warranty etc. Another option is to rent a big bottle from one of the suppliers but rent yearly isn't much cheaper than buying a tank out right. I think you need to weigh up what suppliers you have near you so it won't be hard to refill or swap, some shops are very picky and will only fill certain brand tanks etc. Also ask you local Home Brew store what other locals do. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philthy

• Philthy
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago #2092 by Philthy
Replied by Philthy on topic co2 tanks...
Shit mate, no need to be sorry, hope everything is ok...

appreciate the info, yeah I think keg king will be the way to go, been going there quite a bit lately the boys there are real good.

cheers mate.

Philthy

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top