You are not logged in.

New to Home Brewing

More
9 years 6 months ago #1480 by pig
New to Home Brewing was created by pig
Gday Guys and Girls,

Just finished my first home brew (morgans lager) and had a little taste last night.. a little bit cidery but the misses liked it so someone will drink it...

thanks to GashSlug and CraigTube for all your videos, have learnt alot and keen to try some different stuff next time...

ill have heaps of questions..

just my first question - where are some good places to buy supplies / fittings etc online?

thanks
billy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1481 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic New to Home Brewing
G'day Billy! Welcome and Cheers!

Where abouts are you?

Cheers!

More
9 years 6 months ago #1482 by pig
Replied by pig on topic New to Home Brewing
im in Mildura...

by the way Gash how did your ice bucket challenge go? i see CraigTube nominated you in one of his vids?

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 6 months ago #1485 by Gash
Craig nominated me?? I never even saw it!

It really depends what you are after, if you want coopers kits via mail, the actual coopers web site store isnt too bad ( store.coopers.com.au/ ). I've used grain and grape ( www.grainandgrape.com.au/ ) for delivery too for ingredients.

As for equipment www.kegking.com.au or if you aren't in a hurry aliexpress have some good prices( www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=...id=SB_20140903231109 )
There is also Core brewing they are newish but have good stuff ( www.corebrewingconcepts.com.au/ )

Really depends what you need, I get bits and pieces from all over the place.
Last edit: 9 years 6 months ago by Gash.

More
9 years 6 months ago #1486 by pig
Yeah Craig nominated you ;)

Thanks for the links... I've bought a few coopers tins from the supermarket...

But from all the videos I've watched sounds like a mini mash might be the go next so wouldn't mind trying a mix of tin and grains...

With corny kegs can the brew just sit in there for a while? Will it keep without being gassed?

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1488 by Gash
Interesting, that's probably because I nominated him a couple of weeks ago for a challenge, he didn't do it as far as I know, I've been nominated at least 6 times for the ice challenge, I donated.

There is a few different recipes on Cellar Dweller if you haven't seen them, just simple ones. You'll find them up ^^^ in the top menu bar.. Extract Brewing/Extract Recipes.

As far as a mini mash goes, honestly you'd be better off ditching the prehopped cans all together, after you've done the mini mash boil it for an hour with some hops, then add some liquid malt extract or just dried malt extract and you've got a beer, better than using a tin. You can make any sort of beer you like with that method. Like this vid I did a while back.
www.cellardweller.net/index.php/kunena/a...le-clone-mini-mash-2

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1489 by Gash
Also if you haven't tried the Coopers Selection Range of cans they are very good too.

More
9 years 6 months ago #1490 by pig
thanks mate ill have to give the pale ale a go just worried about stuffing it up!

probably a silly question but when you say liquid malt extract isn't that just what the tins are?

not sure the misses will be too impressed about me taking her big pots out to the shed either ;)

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1491 by Gash
Can easily be done in to 19L pots you can get at Big W for $20 each.

The tins are liquid malt extract but they are hopped already and dont give you much room for changing them. You can get unhopped tins of liquid malt extract but they don't usually sell them in supermarkets. like this coopers.com.au/#/diy-beer/malt-extract-cans/malt-extract-cans/

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
9 years 6 months ago #1492 by Gash
This is still my favourite extract prehopped tin recipe.
cellardweller.net/index.php/kunena/austr...-extract-concentrate

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top