You are not logged in.

Coopers Canadian Blonde Hopped Up K & K

• m3taL_Brewer
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
11 years 1 month ago #507 by m3taL_Brewer
Coopers Canadian Blonde Hopped Up K & K was created by m3taL_Brewer
Just want to share a very nice simple beer, its cheap and it works well, and the hops can rip the kit tang away.

Simple Recipe

1 x Can Coopers Canadian Blonde
1 x Box Brew Enhancer 2
25g Cascade hops
1 x Safale US-05 Dry Yeast.

Simple Instructions,
- Warm up the Kit can in some hot water
- Bring 2lt of water to the boil
- add 10g of hops and boil for 10 mins
- add the rest of the hops for 2 mins then turn off

- Pour the whole hop mixture into your Clean and Sanitised Fermenter (Good thread on that here)
- Add your Kit can and then add some extra boiling water to the can and rinse it out, then give it a mix
- Slowly add the BE2 as you mix until its all disolved (putting you Fermenters lid on here and shaking it around is what i do but be careful it builds up pressure and can shoot out the airlock hole)
- top up with cool water to 20 L
- I sprinkle the yeast ontop of the foam, let it rehydrate for 30 mins then stir in @ about 22c
- put in your fermentation Area keep temp stable 20'ish

I made 2 of these over the last few weeks 1 was fermented at 18-23c as i didnt have temp control 7 day ferment and 7 in the bottle and its quite nice to drink

the next one i kept temp strictly at 18 then at day 5.5 i pumped it upto 21 to kick the last of the yeast on

will post a taste difference between the fermenting methods

Enjoy!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top