You are not logged in.

What does everyone think is the best beer receipt for general drinking

• Brodiep
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 4 months ago #2868 by Brodiep
I have come back to home brewing after a long break, mainly because I have retired or semi-retired. I did a lot of home brewing back in the 1960-70 period. In 1974 I started working at Castlemaine Perkins and started all grain home brewing until work load got the better of me.
I then moved to Power Brewing company, then CUB as they acquired the Power Brewing Company. I worked there for many years until I retired, some three years ago. I am now back to home brewing and have bought a Robobrew with pump.
Gash has indicated that you need to do several brews with Robobrew until you are happy that you understand what you are doing with Robobrew and I would have to agree, I have done 7 so far and now feel confident that I can now experiment with some recipes to work out what is the best beer for me.
I started with all grain brewing to get a better flavour and have the ability to try different flavours in the brew.
My main interest is dark beers, mainly Porters but I love a good Pilsner. Having travelled with the breweries over the years and sampled many different countries and breweries, I now like dark beers in the winter and the Pilsner style in the summer.
My question is what do you all think is the best recipe for winter beer and the best for summer beer.?
So far I have tried 5 Porters and two Pilsners, any feed back would be great.
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2869 by Gash
I like reds, ambers and browns during winter. Summer I'm happy with a hoppy pale ale!

More
6 years 4 months ago #2870 by Finnroo
For me I tend to brew my Scottish ale mostly all year but I might start doing a few english best bitter or a Pale Ale this summer. Cheers

More
6 years 4 months ago #2871 by Johno
Pilsners are the best in summer. Perk it up with a few different dry hops

More
6 years 4 months ago #2889 by Finnroo
I may even have a crack at a pilsner, just pilsner malt and hops to figure out this head retension issue. Low mash temp and about 50IBU @ 5%ABV.
Once again it not something ive done before but I have temp control so why not.
If anyone can post a basic recipe would be awesome. Cheers, rock on and out there brewing it.
Hey Johno hows your head on your Pils. cheers. Any Issues?

More
6 years 4 months ago #2890 by Gash
I did a helles once that was pretty good, it was a while back and probably over complicated the grain bill but it turned out great. As with most pilsners every bit of the process has to be right or else any faults will stand out. I'd beware of going to 50ibus in yours Finn, thats quite a lot for a pils, but depends how you calculate it I guess. Cheers!
Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2891 by Finnroo
Thanks for that Gash ,I may just have to give it a go. Cheers
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Finnroo.

More
6 years 4 months ago - 6 years 4 months ago #2892 by Finnroo
Last edit: 6 years 4 months ago by Finnroo.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2898 by Johno
40 IBU Bohemian pilsner
Attachments:

More
6 years 4 months ago #2899 by Johno
dont know what happened to the attached photo?

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top