You are not logged in.

Coopers NEIPA

More
5 years 8 months ago #3477 by Tru
Replied by Tru on topic Coopers NEIPA
I live in Québec ! :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #3849 by Rhyan.watts
Replied by Rhyan.watts on topic Coopers NEIPA
I just kegged this on friday. I think i messed up a little as I didnt chill after the boil before adding the hops so got a bit of bitterness. I still love it though. Gave it a fair nudge on friday night with a mate
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Rhyan.watts.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 2 months ago #3851 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Coopers NEIPA
Good stuff mate, cheers!

More
5 years 1 month ago #3868 by Sharpe01
Replied by Sharpe01 on topic Coopers NEIPA
Hey mate, I was thinking about brewing your hoppy pale this weekend until I saw this! But I was just wondering, I’ve got citra, galaxy and amarillo on hand and was wondering if you think they’d go alright and how you would schedule them? Cheers.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 month ago #3869 by Gash
That would be fine, just sub out the centennial but make sure you've watched the videos, its a big process that needs to be followed, and try and chill the wort a little before the steep.

Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sharpe01

More
5 years 1 week ago #3932 by Bingggo
Replied by Bingggo on topic Coopers NEIPA
I made this recently, and tasted terrific.

For the second attempt, I was going to do a full volume boil with the kit etc. but do you even need to bring to boil st at all? Why not just bring to 80 degree and hop stand? It would be pasteurised at that temp :) the mini mash wouldn’t be much of a dms risk?

Thanks for the recipe!

B

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 1 week ago #3933 by Gash
could try a full volume, its a lot of work chilling it etc, I would not use the Pale Ale kit in the boil, that would ruin the kit. You could try just an 80c stand to pasteurise, can't say I've tried it myself and it would probably be fine. Its just a tad more risky I guess and you're using a lot of hops if something goes wrong, but if your temps and times are right it will probably be ok. Use a good fresh modern grain and make sure the ferment is healthy, fresh yeast and plenty of it. Cheers!

More
5 years 19 hours ago #3946 by Poochydawg
Replied by Poochydawg on topic Coopers NEIPA
Done this brew but with some mods ( i used golden promise grain) and missed the SG by a fair bit. I came up with 1033 SG.

I hit 1053 by using 1kg LDME instead of 500gm but what do I do next time to get my SG up of the minimash?.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 11 months ago #3957 by Gash
Thats really hard to say, I could guess the crush of the grain, or your temps were too low or too high, very hard for me to guess without knowing how everything went. What water did you use? WHat were the other Mods? Cheers!

More
4 years 11 months ago #3958 by Poochydawg
Replied by Poochydawg on topic Coopers NEIPA
Cheers.

The only other mod was I used amarillo instead of citra for the 80c whirlpool for 15mins.

Temps were reading ok but I will buy a more accurate digital thermometer for next time.

Is the grain choice of golden promise ok for this recipe? My brewing supply store didnt have the gladfield one you used, cheers.

Anyway I am going go dry hop at high krausen for 48hrs and then again at near final gravity for 48 hrs. Will update when drinking... cheers

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top