You are not logged in.

Coopers NEIPA

More
3 years 5 months ago #5086 by Madiman
Replied by Madiman on topic Coopers NEIPA
I made this again October - more careful this time, it turned out beautiful.
Just trimmed a few things and more accuracy . Many good comments so far.
Madiman

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #5087 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Coopers NEIPA
I follow this guy on the youtube and he often uses this ingredient.

Cheers

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #5415 by Mstan87
Replied by Mstan87 on topic Coopers NEIPA
Hi all, I know this an old thread but I literally just brewed this today, currently in ferment fridge cooling before yeast pitch. It is my first time trying to add grains, I've only done 2 other ferments which were both FWK. I did this today and added 50g Citra, 40g Galaxy and 40g Cascade. It was a bit of fun for sure, took longer than expected but just watched the YouTube clip over and over. I'm using the Fermzilla AR so I had to add a few litres of cool water prior to adding the hot wort. Have learnt a fair bit, today especially areas I can make things easier for myself.

I am wondering what I should dry hop with, I also have some Mosaic unopened as well as more Citra etc. Thoughts? 

Thanks,
Matt
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Mstan87.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #5416 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Coopers NEIPA
More citra is always good! Add some mosaic as well if you like! ANy of your favourites that suit an neipa, which is nearly everything except noble hops like saaz and hallertau etc but I've seen people use those too lol

More
2 years 8 months ago #5419 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Coopers NEIPA
Ive just done a dry hop ( yes i have shock horror) with 60 gms of Wai- iti I thought ,why not, give it a go ya mug. I've done it on day 4. Cheers guys.

More
2 years 8 months ago #5422 by Mstan87
Thanks Gash! I am at day 3 now, bubbling away. I have the spunding valve attached and am thinking should I now start adding pressure. I was thinking of doing a first dry hop tonight at 72houelrs since pitch and then turning the pressure to 5psi. Thoughts? Krausen on it is quite small (us-05) compared to the last 2 I did (verdant and New England)

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #5423 by Gash
For sure, get those hops in, I keep pressure through the whole ferment but the way you did it is fine too, yep keep it low especially if you're dry hopping again.
Cheers mate!

More
2 years 8 months ago #5424 by Mstan87
Just did the first dry hop. 25g Citra, 20g mosaic, 20g galaxy. Damn it smells amazing, very hazy though.
Attachments:

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #5425 by Gash
Thats why you dry hop early to try and keep it hazy! If an neipa isnt hazy it kind of isnt an neipa! :)

More
2 years 8 months ago #5428 by Mstan87
Hi Gash, so today it is 1 week since I brewed. I've had the same SG for 2-3 days so I decided to crash it earlier today, sitting at 5c at the moment in the way to 2c. I just had a taste and it is extremely bitter. Would that just be crap still in suspension and will clear over the next few days? Still in the FV. Thanks Matt

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top