You are not logged in.

Coopers NEIPA

More
3 years 10 months ago #4642 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Coopers NEIPA
So Tim, its time to take the bull by the horns, step up and brew this bad boy. Take your notes and reflect. Next brew, brew the same but with the recipe you intended and compare the two. Dont over think it ,it will be awesome and will teach you about the effects of grains on flavour. As far as grain crush goes, well it appears to me that it only effects efficiency.
But dont worry about that today. roll your sleeves up and start brewing .
Good luck and enjoy your brew day. It will be great. cheers mate go hard.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gash

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 10 months ago #4643 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Coopers NEIPA
Hard to tell how much it will effect the taste, I wouldnt worry, possibly a touch sweeter, but I dont think you'll notice it much at all.
Milling just make sure all the grains are crushed, if your using a bag the crush can be finer, but you dont need to make it flour, just as long as all the grains are cracked well.
As finroo says , just jump in, its your first time so things may go wrong, they still go wrong for me hahaha but just keep going, it'll make beer! Hopefully be drinkable too, I'm sure it will mate. Cheers!

• annears
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
3 years 10 months ago #4644 by annears
Replied by annears on topic Coopers NEIPA
Had a crack at this recipe last Saturday. So far so good! The only small change I made was I used 40g centennial, 40g galaxy and 40g Cascade (couldn’t get Citra) for the steep. Dry hopped 25g centennial and 25g galaxy today on day 4. Was going to dry hop the same on Friday.. OG was 1.053 and a few hours ago it was already at 1.010. Also might add I did use 2 x US-05 packets. Ferm temp had maintained around 19degrees. Smells unbelievable! Thanks again for the awesome recipe!

More
3 years 10 months ago #4645 by Madiman
Replied by Madiman on topic Coopers NEIPA
Just read your posting on brewing the NEIPA - why did you use 2 lots of yeast any reason ? I'm learning every day. Tim .

More
3 years 10 months ago #4646 by Finnroo
Hello, Generally recommended that a beer that has an O.G. around 1050 and higher
(1049 in this case) use 2 packs of yeast. If by chance you only have 1 pack then that will be fine. If I was doing a brew with say 1043 then 1 pack . Its a general rule of thumb. Hope this makes sense. Cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: annears

More
3 years 10 months ago #4656 by Madiman
Hi Finnroo / Gash,
Took your advice made my first batch of NEIPA yesterday, all went well.
Smells good colour good, but a little only a little darker Gash.
SG at 20deg.C 1054. So pitched 2 packs us US05.
Temp - - now winter in SE Queensland, so my fermenting fridge is dropping to 14.5 Deg C overnight. set at 18.Deg. C . House is 19. overnight , 22C in the day. What is my best fermenting option for a stable ferment. Cooler in the fridge. 14.5 to 18 C or in the house 19 to 22C.
Thanks guys.
Tim

More
3 years 10 months ago #4657 by Finnroo
well done Tim sounds great. Me personally would put it in the house to ferment at 19 to 22c. Cheers

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 10 months ago #4658 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Coopers NEIPA
I think what would be perfect, but might be a pain in the butt or too hard, dont wanna drop it or anything.
It would be good to have it at that 14-18c at first, I think the yeast will keep it warm, throw a blanket or jumper on it, but after maybe 4 or 5 days it'll start to lose heat then move it to a warmer spot.
I guess it depends how much you want to nurse it, two packs of yeast should of kick off quick, you may be doing first dry hop tomorrow even, and second dry hop if doing two, would probably be day 5. that yeast activity should be keeping things fairly warm if not in an exposed place. Remember keep the sun light off it what ever your choice

More
3 years 10 months ago #4659 by Madiman
Thanks Finnroo

More
3 years 10 months ago #4660 by Madiman
Got it - Thanks Gash - really helpful. will consider
Great site mate.

Do you have a Choc stout of a similar method, boil grains plus a coopers stout Extract. Looked on forum but couldn't see one.
Cheers
Tim

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top