You are not logged in.

Dry hopping

More
4 years 3 months ago #4359 by Metal
Dry hopping was created by Metal
G’day all , I’ve brewed a batch of beer that I find a bit bland, it’s been kegged for about a month now and is still pretty much full, so I’m thinkin of dry hopping with a large hop bomb in the keg , anyone got any ideas on how much hops and for how long??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #4360 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Dry hopping
Hi Metal. I personally dont dry hop very often if at all. These things can be a bit trial end error but im thinking of say 50 gms of Citra or Cascade or anything with alot of aroma and flavour for about 3 or 4 days . Dont forget to purge that oxygen out strait after reconnecting the co2.Cheers and good luck, im keen to hear how you get on.

More
4 years 3 months ago #4361 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Dry hopping
G'day mate, kind of depends on the base beer on how much hops, light beer 50g heavy beer 150g.. or somewhere inbetween.
I've only done it twice, once it worked really well, once it didnt do much.
From memory I used about 75g-100g and I put it in one of the wifes stockings, because very fine net, and weighed it down with some stainless nuts and pieces.
A lot of my mates use ping pong balls, or actually the ball out of roll on deodorant lol, and they float theirs..
Only bad thing that may come from it besides possible oxidation, but thats probably not a worry too much since the beer isnt that great anyway, some times at least for some pours, if the hops have a lot of tiny particles that get through what ever you use you can get some pretty bitter pours.
Other than that experiment away! Cheers!

More
4 years 3 months ago #4362 by Metal
Replied by Metal on topic Dry hopping
Cheers mate thanks for that

More
4 years 3 months ago #4363 by Metal
Cheers bud

More
4 years 3 months ago #4364 by Metal
Also the keg is cold, do you think this will be an issue??

More
4 years 3 months ago #4365 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Dry hopping
no issue

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top