You are not logged in.

Fermentation Champer Concept.......

• Jakeyboy
  • Jakeyboy's Avatar Topic Author
  • I love cold piss.
More
5 years 3 months ago #3683 by Jakeyboy
Fermentation Champer Concept....... was created by Jakeyboy

So thinking out loud here, I want to temp control fermentasarus, I have trying to avoid purchasing another fridge and was thinking of making and nice wooden insulated box of the side of the kegging fridge.

How do you reckon it would go having a small centrifugal fan mounted in the freezer and ducted through to the chamber , the fan is plugged in to the temp controller....

Would it effectively manage to keep the large champer around 20c with an ambient temp of 25-30c?

Look forwards to hearing the feed back .

Cheers
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #3686 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Fermentation Champer Concept.......
I like the way your thinking, so when the box get to say a deg above set temp the fan comes on and sucks the cold air through from the fridge.near the top so the cold air falls to the bottom of the chamber and fills up. Is it going to need a back draft to go back into the fridge so the cold air can circulate around and around. do you know what i mean. Probably wouldnt need another fan just a vent at the bottom.from the box to the fridge.
Great project cheers takecare
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jakeyboy

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #3687 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Fermentation Champer Concept.......
Fridges work all different ways, some the freezer controls the fridge, some have separate cooling for each etc.. Some will work better than others, separate zone fridges I think would be the best. . I know people that have built out small fridges and the little things dont cope with cooling big areas. I wouldnt do it if you live some where very hot, but if its normally just a few degrees you have to cool it will probably work. I guess theres one way to find out! Good luck, hope it works mate! Cheers!
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Gash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jakeyboy

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top