You are not logged in.

Brewzilla (65L Robobrew) from Kegland

• SilverBrew
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #3647 by SilverBrew
Brewzilla (65L Robobrew) from Kegland was created by SilverBrew
Anyone bought the Brewzilla from Kegland I'm interested to hear your thoughts?
I have the Robobrew Gen 3 and was thinking this would make my reiterated mashes disappear :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #3652 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Brewzilla (65L Robobrew) from Kegland
I'll hopefully have one next month sometime, havent seen one in person yet, Cheers!

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #3656 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Brewzilla (65L Robobrew) from Kegland
Just watched a Kegland video and the Brewzilla looks like an awesome piece of kit with lots of improvements Excellent. I think they said 16 kg of grain. cheers.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Finnroo.

More
5 years 3 months ago #3657 by Gash
A mate dropped off his Guten 50L for me to try yesterday. although I havent used it yet there's a few things I don't really like from the start. 50L guten means boil of about 45L max.. say that boils down to 40L and you lose some to the kettle and chiller possibly, you're going to struggle to get two 20L batches.
The return pipe through the side of the lid I can see being a pain too, my mate is going to swap it out to one like the robobrew so its easier to connect a hose and move it when needed. Cheers!

More
5 years 1 day ago #3905 by robcarruthers
Replied by robcarruthers on topic Brewzilla (65L Robobrew) from Kegland
Mine arrived late last week.

I got impatient waiting for Gash to post a review, so just ran an IPA on Friday.

First impressions are very good, the build quality is pretty good and everything is a bit heavier than its little brother.

The main reason I purchased the bigger unit was to get a speed increase on the 25L batches I've been making and it certainly is faster heating up. But for those thinking the same, there's a few considerations. The pump screen sits about 35mm above the bottom and the malt pipe is another 80mm above that, so there is a lot of water that's not touching the grain initially. I ended up mashing-in with 27L of water for a 6.5kg grain bill. This didn't leave me with much to sparge with.

Another thing is the malt pipe is about 350mm wide so the surface area increases and it boils off an extra litre or so during the boil. So I had a low gravity pre-boil after the light sparge and then evaporated more than expected during the boil, so the gravity evened out in the end.

I think the best small batch option for this unit is likely to be around 35L. That will get the efficiency back up and still be an improvement on time and still fit in the Malt mechanics fermenter.

I'll do a 60L batch this week and report back with some more numbers.

More
5 years 1 day ago #3906 by Gash
Yeah sorry mate, Ive been injured so havent brewed, I believe the dead space is about 10L, guten being a touch smaller was about 8.5L from memory. It is a big space. Thanks for the review, I'm hoping to get a brew in this week sometime. Cheers mate!

Could also think of a longer boil for single batches. Or even a full volume mash.

More
3 years 5 months ago - 3 years 5 months ago #5001 by AquilaWA
Replied by AquilaWA on topic Brewzilla (65L Robobrew) from Kegland
Just completed my first brew with the 65l brewzilla some things I noted while mashing and brewing and just wanted to check if this was something that other users had found. There was a temp difference between mash temp and LCD stated temp? I would have thought the water temp moving through the mash bed and the mash temp would have been the same or very similar? Occasionally I noticed that the mash bed would slow down the movement of wort through it and I would need to stir the grain bed to get the wort to continue to pass through it, wasn’t sure if this was normal? The top mash screen is very inconvenient to install and remove. It comes with what looks like “handle attachments” but nothing to connect them to make it easier to install or remove. It can take quite some time for the grain bed to drainApart from these issues it was so much easier to brew with this system than the over size pot and gas burner. Really easy transfer from brewzilla to fermenter. The ramp up times between my step infusion was really easy to manually input. Obviously this was my first run with an all in one system and I have a lot of fine tuning that needs to be done. Here is a picture of the end result. 42lt of Honey Pilsner, Dry hopped with Flinders and Kracanup Hops.
Attachments:
Last edit: 3 years 5 months ago by AquilaWA. Reason: Extra info

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top