You are not logged in.

FERMENTASAURUS

• Dave2340
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #2372 by Dave2340
FERMENTASAURUS was created by Dave2340
Gash
Found the Fermentasaurus on the KK web site over the weekend so was very interested in the latest YouTube clip. Excited to see an affordable conical come on market. Hard to get an idea of scale from the site information so was interested in how big the opening is at the top. Clearly I'm not getting a hand in there for cleaning. I've never used a carboy but I suppose the same technique and brush will be required. My fermenter fridge uses a STC1000 and a heat pad under my drum fermenter, how do you control heating with this guy?
Hopefully a few more clips coming starring this fermenter, keen to see how you heat and clean it. And because it's clear I am curious to actually see fermentation.
Appreciate the effort with the clips and this site, thanks. Current project - BIAG Smash with Pilsner malt and saaz

Cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #2373 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic FERMENTASAURUS
G'day, I havent tried to clean one yet of course, but I can get my arm in a bit, probably half my forearm, but best way I think is going to be use sodium percarbonate or PBW or similar and soft brush if really needed, but usually the cleaners do a good job. I'll be using my old trusty light bulb to heat indirectly. I do have a reptile heater bulb I'm going to try too. I think people use their heat pad to heat indirectly too although I havent tried. Cheers!

More
7 years 1 month ago #2391 by peter01010101
Replied by peter01010101 on topic FERMENTASAURUS
I ordered one of these with the pressure kit, should be here by next weekend (fingers crossed). I have had a look at the latest YouTube information posted by KK but was wondering about the actual fermentation procedure with the pressure kit.

It might be obvious to all but me, but is it designed to use the pressure lid through the whole fermentation period - if so is it the pressure relief valve that acts as the airlock? Or do you swap the lids over when you want to rack the finished beer over into kegs using CO2 :unsure: ?

More
7 years 1 month ago #2392 by Gash
I havent tried mine yet! I havent even thought about it yet, Id think maybe you change it near the end of ferment? or maybe get a spunding valve? or... ummm lol

More
7 years 1 month ago #2393 by Gash
Which ever way I dont think you want the float and pick up tube in during the ferment?? but maybe I'm wrong?? I'll flick through the instructions and see if it says anything, have you checked the web page? Not keg kings one the fermentasaurus one?

More
7 years 1 month ago #2394 by peter01010101
Replied by peter01010101 on topic FERMENTASAURUS
Yeah, I had a look at the oxe?? site. No obvious answer. I haven't downloaded the instructions though. They talk quite a bit about removing oxygen exposure during fermentation, even dry hopping through the yeast collection bottle, that's what got me thinking.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top