You are not logged in.

Filtering while transferring to keg

• peter01010101
  • peter01010101's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #3207 by peter01010101
Filtering while transferring to keg was created by peter01010101
I have a batch in the Fermentersarus (pressure kit) just about ready to keg. The problem I have is it is heavily dry hopped - pellets loose in the fermenter introduced via the collection bottle - and the unit is too big for my fridge so I cant cold crash. I wanted to rack the beer into the keg through the pressure kit and I'm afraid I will transfer some hop material. I have an 'in line' filter and a 20 micron filter cartridge. Any idea if this cartridge is too fine and will remove flavour/aroma?

I have only used this filter once with the cartridge it was supplied with (which I think is 1 micron) and it stripped most of the flavour from a cider so I put it in the back if the shed and haven't used it since.

Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #3209 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Filtering while transferring to keg
I dont think you'll lose flavour and aroma, make sure to try and rid of any oxygen if possible first. Cheers!
The following user(s) said Thank You: peter01010101

• peter01010101
  • peter01010101's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #3213 by peter01010101
Replied by peter01010101 on topic Filtering while transferring to keg
Thanks Gash, I will run some Starsan through it and then blow it out with CO2 before I connect to the Fermentersarus and keg.
Cheers.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top