You are not logged in.

What Wort Boiler To Buy.

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #725 by Dullahan Brewing
What Wort Boiler To Buy. was created by Dullahan Brewing
Ok so i have been wrecking peoples heads all week cause i haven't a clue when it comes to All Grain equipment. I have my mash tun,brew paddle,wort chiller sorted but no boile kettle. So at the beginnig of this week i started looking around and there was feck all in Ireland.

Had to move on to UK sites and some help from brew contacts over there. Then they started throwing phrases like boil off rates etc at me and i still have a migraine from it :( However with a lot of help from a chap called norfolkhillbilly on youtube through pm we were able to whittle it down to 3 choices for the size brews i wanted. Bear in mind i wanted to do circa 25 litres final wort. Here are the three choices, see if you can guess which one i chose :woohoo:

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/310649296566?ru=http%...649296566%26_rdc%3D1

www.mybeerandwine.ie/electric-brew-kettle-litre-p-386.html

www.the-home-brew-shop.co.uk/acatalog/Pe...n--Boiler.html#a5378

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Pebbbles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #726 by Pebbbles
Replied by Pebbbles on topic What Wort Boiler To Buy.
personally I'd take door number 3 for one reason mainly - for a 25 litre final wort you need every bit of the 32 litre capacity to avoid boil over - and I hate cleaning up messy boil overs...

but I know nothing :D

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #727 by Dullahan Brewing
Replied by Dullahan Brewing on topic What Wort Boiler To Buy.
Pebbles FTW, thats the one i settled on. The best balance of price and size. Will cost 160 euro delivered from UK.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #728 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic What Wort Boiler To Buy.
even at 32L you will get boil over, but less than the others of course. The pot we have been using at Jamoooos is around 32L. To get my 22-23L I start with around 30L so your pretty close to the top. The pot I just bought is 40L so I don't have to worry about it so much, but that was just an aluminium stock pot for use over a gas burner, I may put electric elements in it later. You should be able to get away with it in that, you'll just need to keep a close eye on it during the boil. Cheerz!

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #729 by Dullahan Brewing
I agree Gash and TBH i would prefer a 40 litre to be safe but they dont seem to make them that big in home brew shops. I am still waiting on a catering company to get back to me on the one below, at the moment they cant even tell me whether the thermo is in celsius or farenheight which does not bode well.

www.nisbets.ie/Buffalo-Manual-Fill-Water...roductDetail.raction

Thats why all the looking, i had settled on this one but i am still waiting on them to get back to me so i looked for other options.

• Pebbbles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #730 by Pebbbles
the one pictured from nisbets in Celcius

you would have to have this unit correctly modified to bypass the thermostat

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #731 by Dullahan Brewing
LOL Pebbles you funny :) I knew it was in celsius, i only asked them that because i felt they knew piss all and i was right, they could not even answer that question. Why would i have to bypass thermostat? Oh jaysus more complications lol

• Pebbbles
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #732 by Pebbbles
you may have to check but Im pretty sure caterer boilers have a thermostat to maintain temperature but dont maintain a boil for 60mins as the thermostat tends to cut in much like a kettle. Dont quote me on that as Ive not seen this brand before but I know the ones Ive used in the past for events have had a thermostat that cuts in.

• Dullahan Brewing
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #733 by Dullahan Brewing
You are probably correct Pebbles. Currently the original number 3 is top of the list ready to go outta the box. However the nisbets one does have extra volume for virtually same price. I will wait and see if they get back to me with the specs i asked for before coming to a final decision.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
10 years 11 months ago #734 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic What Wort Boiler To Buy.
The 40L thermostat goes to 110c so should hold a boil, just guessing though.

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top