You are not logged in.

Brewzilla 35l Brewfather profile

More
3 years 7 months ago #4863 by Keg
I was watching Gash's video on setting up the Brewzilla 35l profile on the Brewfather app. I noticed that the mashtun dead space was 6.75l. I was told by Kegland 3.5l so am confused. It seems to be a significant difference especially when you set up the equipment profile and see the difference in water volumes for mashing. If someone could shed light on these figures that would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Stephen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #4864 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Brewzilla 35l Brewfather profile
Dead space when emptying the unit would be the 3ish litres. What’s left behind when emptying. Stuff that doesn’t come out of the tap without tipping it up.
The recoverable mash tun dead space is the space that sits below the mash pipe bottom, holds water while mashing but is dead space to the grain.
Does that make sense? Cheers mate!

More
3 years 7 months ago #4866 by Keg
Replied by Keg on topic Brewzilla 35l Brewfather profile
Thanks for that. What I ended up doing was to add water till it just touched the bottom malt pipe screen and measured it which come to 5.5l in my V3 Robobrew. I then added that figure to my Brewfather app as mashtun deadspace. Is that the correct way to do it and does that figure sound right to you.

Cheers,
Stephen

More
3 years 7 months ago #4867 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Brewzilla 35l Brewfather profile
try it and see how it goes, I'm sure it will be fine. I still use my one. Cheers!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top