You are not logged in.

Coopers Mild Ale clone

• davidevans
  • davidevans's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #4299 by davidevans
Coopers Mild Ale clone was created by davidevans
Good morning,
Does anyone have an all grain recipe & method for a Coopers Mild Ale clone 3.5% approximately?
I’m thinking pale malt & maybe Pride of Ringwood hops but no idea on water or grain quantities to make 23 ltrs of wort. Yeast wise will make a starter using purchased bottles of Coopers Mild.
Any thoughts much appreciated.
Cheers
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago #4300 by Ballabrew
Replied by Ballabrew on topic Coopers Mild Ale clone
Depends on how efficient you are. I would go with about 3kg of grain To make the 23 litres and have a bag of dry malt extract on hand. Take a gravity reading at the end and add more extract or water as required. just making that up off the top of my head.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #4304 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic Coopers Mild Ale clone
Just had a quick google around about this beer , got this from the Coopers site.
This ale is the product of brewing with a selection of barley and wheat malt, and with no added sugar. This traditional brewing approach provides the smooth malt character which is balanced by a triple hopping of the brew with Pride of Ringwood and Saaz hops. The brew has fermented similarly to its stablemates Pale and Sparkling Ale, with the customary secondary fermentation in the bottle and can.
So that being said, ive come up with this. See attachment.
Having not tasted or brewed it i dont really know, but thought id have a go at getting you started. Cheers mate.
Ive just reread the hops and missed it said triple hopping of both hop varieties so have a play around with those.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Finnroo. Reason: Triple hopping

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top