You are not logged in.

NEW BEERSMITH ROBOBREW PROFILE AUGUST 2017

More
6 years 4 months ago #2931 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic NEW BEERSMITH ROBOBREW PROFILE AUGUST 2017
I would nt go there mate until youve really got used to your system and got a good dozen brews under your belt. Your going to end up with all sorts of issues you didnt see coming.
Simple 5kg grain bill strike water ratio of 3 litres to 1 kg of grain, sparge till you get the amount that looks good with a good bit of head space to avoid boil over issues and boil. Cool
Take your hydrometer reading, pitch yeast, wait, take final hydo reading , bottle and enjoy.
Cheers.:cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 months ago #2932 by Sammyseadog
Replied by Sammyseadog on topic NEW BEERSMITH ROBOBREW PROFILE AUGUST 2017
Thnaks Finnroo, Been brewing for eight years with a range of kits, partial and all-grain. Just got a robobrew as I've moved and a bit space poor with little ones around. Want a proper IPA which at the minute it doesn't seem I can make unless I reiterate so I'm gonna give it a go. Not sure what issues I might run into, but that's half the fun!!

More
6 years 3 months ago #2933 by Finnroo
Replied by Finnroo on topic NEW BEERSMITH ROBOBREW PROFILE AUGUST 2017
Excellent, let us know how you get on.Cheers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sammyseadog

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 3 months ago #2934 by Gash
There shouldnt be an issue doing an ipa at all, 6-7kg will do you an IPA easily.
I know a bloke, who by the way just won best amateur brewer in this years National Home Brew Comp using the robobrew, who first did 9.5kg and then another one was 12.6kg (I dont think he used the basket for that one).
Also there is absolutely nothing wrong with adding some sugars, in fact its recommended for ipas, and we were taught to use it at beer uni.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sammyseadog

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 3 months ago #2935 by Gash
I would not recommend doing 9kg or 12kg until you are use to the robobrew though lol

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #2936 by Gash
Sorry if you dont have facebook was only link I could find.
This bloke. www.facebook.com/notes/jeremy-sambrooks-...17/1675213215862425/
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Gash.

More
6 years 2 months ago #3019 by SeeFar
Replied by SeeFar on topic NEW BEERSMITH ROBOBREW PROFILE AUGUST 2017
Signed up so I could get the robobrew profile.

Just wanted to say thanks.

Thanks.

More
5 years 11 months ago #3201 by Glenn
Replied by Glenn on topic NEW BEERSMITH ROBOBREW PROFILE AUGUST 2017
Hi All,
New Dweller here...

Thanks for the beersmith Robo profile much appreciated.
I also just saw kegland posted a robo profile on there website and I was comparing Gash Vs Kegland.

There a mainly two differences between the mash tun weight Gash=1.8kg and KL=4kg.
Also evaporation weight Gash=17.2% and KG=6.8%

I'm pretty new to using Beersmith so I'm not sure these affect the calcs too much but I noticed they are quite large differences. It would be great to have others input on this.

cheers

• Gash
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #3202 by Gash
G'day Glenn, I'll take a look at Keglands profile later, I havent had a chance to look at it, but there wasnt a good way to get to the final numbers when I first made this profile, Beersmith wasn't very good at doing BIAB or single vessel brews, so I had to play with numbers to get what I was actually getting out of the system, my profile was made for Robo Gen1, but when I got Gen2 and Gen3 the profile still worked so I never changed anything, I would guess that Kegland have designed the profile with the updated BS settings, I'd be pretty sure of that, so there would be differences here and there, but as long as you getting out what you expect that doesn't really matter. I'll have a play with Keglands tomorrow and see if it predicts the same numbers and if they match what I've been getting while brewing. Hope that makes sense, cheers mate!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Glenn

More
5 years 10 months ago #3295 by Cherry1
Replied by Cherry1 on topic NEW BEERSMITH ROBOBREW PROFILE AUGUST 2017
Hi Gash
Did you get a chance to look at the differences in the profiles? Or have you made any changes to the original profile you posted?
cheers
Chris

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top