You are not logged in.

Forgot the hops. (All of it)

More
8 years 4 months ago #1874 by Nifty
Forgot the hops. (All of it) was created by Nifty
About to bottle my beer tomorrow morning when I realised that I forgot to put any hops in. Was supposed to be a SMASH. Any suggestions what I should do. Is it worth keeping as a reference. I can brew exactly the same recipe again with the hops to compare.
Thanks.
PS. I have attached the brewmate recipe to this post if it helps.

This message has an attachment file.
Please log in or register to see it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #1878 by Gash
Replied by Gash on topic Forgot the hops. (All of it)
Sorry mate, just saw this.. No hops at all in the whole beer?

More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1880 by Nifty
Replied by Nifty on topic Forgot the hops. (All of it)
Unfortunately yes. No hops at all. It's in the bottles now but don't know what to expect or any way to fix the bugger up.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Nifty. Reason: typo

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 4 months ago #1881 by Gash
Can't say I've ever had an unhopped beer! Ummm guessing malty booze?? Unfortunately I don't think it is possible to save it... If you ever make a beer that is too bitter you could always go 50/50 mix

More
8 years 4 months ago #1882 by xenon
Replied by xenon on topic Forgot the hops. (All of it)
I have no idea if this will work or is even available to the home brewer, but is it possible to un cap and add a drop or 2 of hop extract...?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nifty

More
8 years 4 months ago #1883 by Nifty

I have no idea if this will work or is even available to the home brewer, but is it possible to un cap and add a drop or 2 of hop extract...?

To answer your question, YES!! it is available in Australia from a few suppliers. The amount needed is a bit of a concern though. Apparently you need 33/1000 ml per 330 ml bottle so its going to be interesting. A drop or two isn't going to do it :P :P I will just wait a few weeks for it to bottle age/carbonate and see what it tastes like. Another thought was to try some "bitters" as used in lemon lime and bitters (alcoholic bitters). This whole mess might be a blessing in disguise. Might discover some new tastes.

More
8 years 4 months ago #1887 by xenon
Replied by xenon on topic Forgot the hops. (All of it)
Get a couple pint glasses and experiment B) cheers
The following user(s) said Thank You: Nifty

More
8 years 4 months ago #1894 by Nifty
Sounds like the best option. Keep adding stuff till it tastes good. I also have other beers which are too tasty for me. Might try mixing them. Two wrongs might make a right. LOL

More
8 years 3 months ago #1901 by Nifty
Update!! Cracked the first one today. To say I'm surprised is not even close. What I had in mind was nothing like this. Unfortunately my description won't come close to being helpful but here goes. NOT sweet, more like a cider than anything. Tarty, effervescent, sour. My wife says "sherbet" which makes some sense cause its got this tickle on your tongue but like I said not sweet. Also not gassy like its been over carbonated. This fizzy is different. I will try get somebody else to test it who can hopefully describe it better. At the end of the day I have drunk the whole pint which I couldnt do with other beers I have brewed so its not too bad. It's definitely not beer no matter whats in it but I do think there will be someone who will enjoy drinking it. Just got to find that person.
Cheers.
Rodney.

• Gash
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
8 years 3 months ago #1902 by Gash
Hopefully your next brew is better! Thanks for the update!

Drunken Ramblings

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 2 Jun - 16:22

Kit Brew Day Tomorrow, Black Rock Pale ale and number 40 larger brew enhancer by mangrove jacks. And possibly some honey. Yeast US05 ??

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Fri 22 Jul - 12:19

3 weeks into dry July and going strong, im on the homeward stretch.

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Wed 15 Jun - 13:39

If anyone has trouble logging on , clear your computer with CCleaner or similar and youll be able to log on. Cheers

Finnroo's Avatar Finnroo - Sun 29 May - 08:09

lol

SkidBaxter's Avatar SkidBaxter - Sat 28 May - 15:27

Brewing a familiar Dark Mild later today. (hint: Was the bastard tired? Or was he run over by a tire (tyre). No one really knows). One thing for sure. It will be a treat when done. Cheers!

The shoutbox is unavailable to non-members

You are not logged in.

HomeBrew Network

Advertisement

Go to top